Friday, March 30, 2012

Cherry Blossom preivew

Sunday is the Cherry Blossom 10 miler. I hope to do well, time could be anywhere in a range. I did not get in to first corral, so I don't think i'll be able to hang with my friends before the start. At least most of them. I haven't done this race since 1993 (I did half with my sister and then kicked in for something like 1:16). I also did it in 1992 and set what appears to be my PR for the distance. Since I was 13 for that race, it's a piece of why the blog is named Peaked at Age 13. I am hoping to run under that time. A equal effort to Club Challenge on a much flatter course should mean that is possible. To be continued...

March is going to be an odd month. I had unplanned sick time at the start, then I ran everyday until today. The miles piled up, and i'm sitting at 193. I really want to run a couple quick miles today and tomorrow and keep the streak going and hit 200, but I probably will take the days off and rest for the race. I really don't have another race of emphasis until the Frederick Half, which is more than a month away. A month without a day off is what i'm planning right now. It may not happen, I have a trip to Gettysburg at the end that will complicate. But there is always a way to run if the desire is there, and so far the desire is there. So we shall see.

Weekly totals for the past few - 36 this week, 55 last week, 52 the week before that...

No comments:

Post a Comment