Friday, March 9, 2012

Sick

The day after Club Challenge I caught something nasty. It put me out of commission Monday night and then again Thursday through Sunday. I managed a little over 7 miles on Tuesday (on no solid food) at a very slow pace. And I tried to run the Leap Day 4k on Wednesday. But it rained and I felt like crap and managed a pretty pedestrian 17:30.88. Side note: these results are credited to Guy Incognito, the old Simpsons Joke.

I didn't run Saturday and probably could have. I did sleep, a lot. Sunday I was a bit better and ran a slow mucous-heavy run in the morning. And then I did a double with 9 along the waterfront in the even at a decent pace. It was good for the confidence, since I was feeling like I could no longer run after having such a down week. Initially I wanted to put the morning run on Saturday and give me a near 30 mile week, but now I've change my mind. I put both on Sunday and now I can just write off the sick week and this week will be very close to where I wanted to be right now, 15 weeks out from Grandma's.

Onward and Upward from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment