Tuesday, October 23, 2012

One month to go

Tomorrow will be exactly one month until the big one.  Right on cue I bombed my long run over the weekend.  I don't know exactly why (it was warm, the course was rolling, I going over 60 miles in a week for the second time ever) and I don't think I really care.  Thanks to the brand new GPS watch that I purchased the day before I can show you the bonk in glorious detail. 




I guess this happens, and I will try not to dwell too much.  I was back out doing some really easy miles last night and I plan on doing a rather full week.  Perhaps I step off the pedal Friday or Saturday if I intend to do the low-key half marathon in Philly this Sunday.  I should be able to set a PR either way, at least by a little bit.

The cycle has been odd.  After my 'summer of slack' I picked up the miles for a couple of weeks in August, but then I was under the weather and had a down week.  Overall the past 8 weeks the mileage has averaged right around 45 per week.  Not great, but not terrible.  Two more weeks to pump that up by a mile or two if all goes well.  I'm currently on a streak, trying to run every day in October.  After that, a little bit more work and then taper madness.  Hope the autumn shows up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment